Using Dropbox for very cool things!

Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I love synchronization! One of my favorite synchronization plug-ins is xmarks. It synchronizes my Firefox bookmarks between the computers I regularly use.

In building a new computer, I wondered if there existed a similar plugin for Filezilla. There was nothing to be found. However, I did find someone who placed their Filezilla sitemanager.xml file into their dropbox folder, and then created symbolic links pointing to the file in their dropbox. Now, any time that a site is added or deleted, the file gets updated in the dropbox and ultimately replicated to the other computers. Absolutely brilliant!

Syncing Filezilla Sites Across Computers with Dropbox

0 comments

Post a Comment

Line Rate | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com