Windows Media Center Learning Remote Won't Learn!

Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 10:09 PM
We use Windows Media Center at our house. It's currently Vista Media Center, but as soon as my Ceton Cablecard Tuner arrives, I'll be switching to Windows 7 Media Center.

I love the Microsoft Learning Remote Control and was quite disappointed when they discontinued it. I picked up a box of 10 on eBay, just for a day like today. It's been 3 days since we last saw the remote. I'm sure the couch ate it or the baby threw it in the garbage.

In any event, I pulled a new one out of the box and had a horrible time trying to get it to learn a Vizio remote control. I finally got the proper sequence of learning down:

1.) replace the batteries with fresh ones, both remotes
2.) use a dark room
3.) hold DVD MENU and OK button on MS remote until light turns off
4.) press button on MS remote that you would like to train (TV PWR, VOL UP/DOWN), it will flash once.
5.) Press and hold the corresponding button on the Vizio remote.

If it flashes twice, you're good. If it flashes 4 times quickly, you must start over at step #3. I also found it helpful to move the remotes closer together/further apart during the actual learning process. Hope it helps someone out there.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Line Rate | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com