Protools 8 LE and BFD Lite in Windows 7 x64

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Helping a family friend with a perplexing problem. New computer, Windows 7 x64, Protools 8, and an old plug-in called BFD Lite. Put them all together and you get an error every time you try and load a song that says:

BFD Lite folder could not be found "" (or something like that).

I tried BFD Lite versions 1.0 and the 1.5 update too - no luck. Every time I would start Protools 8 LE, I'd get the folder not found error message. I tried installing in different folders, changing permissions, etc. etc. etc. , and nothing worked. I finally stumbled on the issue - Protools LE needed to be run in "XP Compatibility Mode" in order for the BFD Lite plug-in to function properly. Once I got that turned on and selected the BFD Lite folder one more time, things started working great.

1 Responses to Protools 8 LE and BFD Lite in Windows 7 x64

  1. francoise Says:

    hi, I'm using protool le 8.05 on win 7.. when I want to load the BFD2 with protool, a message tell me some like " could not complete the open session.... because access violation occurred, unable to read location 0x00000014 at address: 0x34bdef94 in module: bfd2.dpm while translating tracks"
    How I fix it?

Post a Comment

Line Rate | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com